Network Support Development Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 24 days left to apply for this job.
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training.
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with department heads to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintainpolicies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Design and deploy Regions LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, in switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services
- Design, implement, and maintain VOIP phone system to include phone servers, phones.
- Design, implement, and maintain Audio/Video systems
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling County objective and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, printers, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)