Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
The Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) is pleased to announce to the general public the recruitment of General Service Officer (GSO) Cadets and Specialist Officers which is scheduled to take place in the months of August and September 2018.
Must hold a minimum mean grade of B (Plain) in KCSE with at least C+ (Plus) in English, Mathematics and one science subject. Must be holder of an undergraduate degree from a recognized University/institution and be registered with statutory body where applicable. The initial training period for Specialist Officers will not be less than three months.
Must be holders of at least a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK).
• assessing and planning nursing care requirements
• providing pre- and post-operation care
• monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions
• taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures
• writing records
• organising workloads
• providing emotional support to patients and relativesRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: General medicine; Medication and prescription administration; Nursing; Patient care; Cleaning and disinfecting equipment; Documentation and record keepingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)