Job verified by Fuzu
County Government of Makueni | Makueni, Makueni, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Nutrition and Dietetics Technologist III
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Food, nutrition
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Nutrition and Dietetics Technologist IIISous Chef
Brites Management Services Limited
Bakery- Production Unit Supervisor
Brites Management Services Limited
Jobs in Food, nutritionMid-Level jobsJobs located in Makueni, Makueni
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before Thursday, 16 th February, 2018.
(i) Shortlisted candidates will be required to obtain clearance from the following Institutions;
• The Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
• The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
• The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
• The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
(ii) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(iii) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
(iv) The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
(v) Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen;
• Be a holder of Diploma in Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized institution;
• Registration by Council of the institute of Nutrition and Dieticians;
• Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include;
• Providing nutrition services in health care facilities;
• Conducting nutrition assessments;
• Collating and compiling nutrition data;
• Providing nutrition health education and demonstration;
• Counselling patients with specific nutritional needs;
• Monitoring preparation of therapeutic feeds;
• Implementing outpatient and inpatient supplementary and therapeutic feeding programmes;
• Promoting maternal, infant and young children feeding programmes;
• Providing micronutrient supplementation;
• Monitoring and evaluating diet related non communicable diseases;
• Implementing hospital menus;
• Preparing monthly nutrition reports in health care facilities;
• Promoting baby friendly hospital and community initiatives;
• Supporting emergency response;
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: Makueni, MakueniArea of work
: Food, nutritionSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Nutrition and metabolism; Reporting; Programme management; Public health; Documentation and record keeping; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)