Office & Team Assistant EIDU (social business startup: early-childhood education app)
Salary range: KSh35,000 - KSh50,000 | Contract type: Permanent
You have 37 days left to apply for this job.
At EIDU, we create a learning app for young children in poor areas where it’s hard to get the high-quality education that all children deserve.
We are looking for an Office & Team Assistant who will assist and support our team in Kenya for 40 hours per week.
What we do and why
We believe that all children should be given the chance to reach their full intellectual potential. For that, they need a proper foundation early on. It is our mission to help them acquire foundational skills before they start school. Our solution enables them to learn by themselves, without the help of adults, on an app that works globally, even on the cheapest devices.
We are currently testing our EIDU app in the toughest conditions we could find: with more than 3,500 children in three of the largest urban informal settlements in Nairobi, Kenya.
If you would like to know more, see the TEDx talk about EIDU at www.eidu.com
You will be
- Assisting in financial controls such as expense tracking and informing the accountant of expense classifications
- Responsible for assisting and supporting the team by organizing meetings and preparing documents
- In charge of comparing & making decisions regarding health insurance providers and third party visa/permit organizers
- Sourcing office supplies and liaising with suppliers
- Lead Field Officers in registering customers live into our CRM database
- Assisting and handling internal and external communication
- Maintaining and accurate and organised filing system
- Any other duties as may be prescribed from time to time.
Your experience includes
- Relevant training (college, university, or other)
- 5+ years of work experience as office assistant or very similar
- MS Office or Google Docs (advanced level required for at least one of them)
- Preferably professional experience in an international company / NGO (big plus)
- A passion to make the world a better place (with the help of software)
- Autonomy and excellent self-management skills
- Strong focus on problem solving and getting things done
- Excellent skills in organizing and structuring things
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Advanced MS Office or Google Docs skills
- An international team (from 9 countries) with professionals in learning experience design, UX, psychology, systems development & data analysis
- Passionate colleagues, who support and challenge each other to achieve our great vision
- Great flexibility regarding working hours and vacations. We focus on results, not time spent in the office
- A competitive salary
- Real possibilities to improve what we do and how we do it
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste
Please submit a motivation letter, incl. the title of position applied for, expected remuneration, availability, CV & contact details of 3 references, Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)