Job verified by Fuzu
Stanbic Bank | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Officer–Legal Recoveries and 3rd Party Relations
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance, banking, insurance
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
• Ensure effective Collection Management with a view of recovering within the w/off book and accounts with lawyers to realise maximum collections at the lowest cost and shortest time.Use technology as a means to provide cost-efficient and effective MIS capability and support systems.
• Ensure the recovery of all w/off allocated to the account Ensure contact and negotiation of w/off accounts through email, telephony, demand letters and visits to ensure arrears are paid. Ensure that calls are made to customers as per banks designed script. Develop and maintain accurate management information on the entire Pre NPL portfolio. Liaising and co-opting the assistance of all Business Units as may be necessary to recover from w/off accounts, Ensure that all Returns are completed accurately and timeously. Continuously enhance and streamline manual procedures to improve efficiencies, productivity and turnaround times Continuously ensure the verification and evaluation of collateral held on accounts headed for Lock Up. Maintain accurate information on individual collector’s performance and submitting the same to the Manager Rehabilitation and Recoveries.
• Action inward communication from customers, agents and attorneys within the required bank standards and SLA. Ensure that all systems required for Rehabilitation are up and running. Ensure Letters of Demand to performing debtors are sent as required as may be required. Monitoring the performance of the outsourced collection function on a weekly and monthly basis Ensuring all invoices received for services rendered to the bank in rehabilitating performing debts are in compliance with the SLA’s and are paid in time. Providing management with the necessary support in order that the section is run effectively and efficiently. Maintain adequate dairy system and follow-up on diarised events. Ensure that all releases are appropriately handled and the necessary documentation is obtained from Credit Support, prior to the release being affected, as well as the necessary stock movement recorded. Ensure that all shortfalls after sale are taken through the legal recovery process without delay. Completing, scrutinise and ensuring that the following returns are submitted to Manager – R&R: List of Top 30 debtors and detailed reports on the individual names. Ensure Debt Recovery files are maintained and up to date. Conduct weekly sample to ensure all in the PL are actioned on time and necessary collection action of texts, demands, emails are in place. Evaluate collector calls on a weekly basis to ensure this is done per the call script. Appraise staff on a monthly basis and submitting ratings to the manager R&R before the 10th of following month.
• Submit reports to Manager- R&R (PBB) on training and development needs of direct reports. Guide staff in pursuing and achieving work related objectives Perform regular Performance Management discussions with staff.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES Maximisation of debt recovery and fulfilment of all set targets for the reduction/recovery of debt. Achievement of departmental daily, weekly, monthly and annual targets Adequate level of provisioning. Obtain and exceed resale targets set by management. Internal and external Audit results Maintenance of registers and files and quality of all administrative functions. Deadlines to be met in terms of Turnaround times. Accuracy. Staff development and training to attain acceptable level of competence. People management. Responsible for the implementation and adoption (within Branch, Department or Section) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIPS INTERNAL Liaise with other Banking Products Arrears Officer(s), PBB Business Units and other administrative staff and any other stakeholder. Liaise with Credit approving Managers
EXTERNAL Staff members of all Stanbic Bank branches and outlets Clients Other banks External service providers e.g. repossessors, lawyers and collection agents (key to this post)
General Informationtranslation missing: en.pages.job_page.salary_range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Accounting, finance, banking, insuranceSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Negotiation; Stakeholder communication; Reporting; Compliance; Document and archive management; Operative management; Legal analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)