Job verified by Fuzu
International Potato Center | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
OFSP Value Chain Technology Transfer Officer
- Post-graduate education
- Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlife
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to OFSP Value Chain Technology Transfer OfficerEnvironment Officer (Biodiversity)
Petroleum Authority of Uganda
Research Assistant – Livestock Genetics
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Research Officer (Breeding)
Agriculture Development Corporation
Research Officer - Lab (Tissue Culture)
Agriculture Development Corporation
Jobs in Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlifeMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The Value Chain Technology Transfer Officer will provide business and processing technology technical skills in the Orange Flesh Sweetpotato Value Chain Compact. The officer will work with private sector partners interested in adopting OFSP into their processing business. The candidate will also identify new businesses interested in setting up OFSP-based production units as a business. Therefore, the candidate should possess prior experience in business management to work with the businesses by impacting sound business management. The position requires supply chain management skills to ensure that OFSP roots production and supply to businesses is managed efficiently. The position will be based in one of the participating countries in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and will report to the TAAT OFSP Value Chain Specialist
• Coordinate the development of TAAT technologies adoption work plans in each country.
• Together with country leaders and Value Chain Specialist, assist in the identification of business partners in each country in which TAAT will be implemented.
• Provide expertise necessary for successful implementation of value chain compact activities, in close collaboration with country value chain implementation teams.
• Assist in the preparation of food technology outreach campaigns in each country of implementation.
• Provide expertise in approaches necessary to deploy technologies, according to the defined target areas, mobilizing all actors across the value chain.
• Facilitate the implementation of the value chain activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving value chain and TAAT-set goals.
• Provide technical and business support to all value chain public and private sector partners in each participating country and ensure that they are fully and actively engaged.
• Work with Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA) to ensure that capacity is built in all needed areas for various stakeholders within the value chain.
• Work with young Agripreneurs in each country of implementation through demonstration and training, in close collaboration with the ENABLE-TAAT Compact.
• Ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the Compact are prepared and submitted to the value chain coordinator office on schedule.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Value Chain Specialist and/or Institutional Management Office to meet the objectives of the value chain.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlifeSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Business management; Financial reporting; Procurement; Training program planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)