Operational Business Assistant
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The Ramco Group is a conglomerate of over 50 companies operating within East Africa with a focus in 6 sectors: Print, Hardware, Manufacturing, Office Supplies, Services & Property. The Group started from humble beginnings as a hardware store in Nairobi in 1948 and has since expanded into Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda and now employs over 4,000 people with an annual turnover in excess of US$300 million.
About the Role
As an operational business assistant, you shall be responsible in smooth operations in the COO office, assist in ensuring completion of all company projects in line with the Group COO
Title: Operational Business Assistant.
Reporting to: Group Chief Operations Officer.
Degree in Business Administration or similar field, certification in project management will be an added advantage.
Previous experience with reporting to multiple managers and units.
Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments.
Proven experience in project management as a project manager.
Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
Ability to work efficiently using various IT tools and software
NB: We are looking for candidates with PMP certification and experience in project managemen
Group Operational duties
Project Management duties
- Assist the Group COO to prioritize his work and calendarizing his schedules and fixing his engagements/ appointments efficiently.
- Oversee administratively the Group Operations through collaboration with senior management/CEOs /Group resources and department leaders.
- Assist in planning and coordinating Group corporate meetings, taking notes on deliberations and actions, and following up to ensure all actions are timely implemented.
- Attend both internal and external meetings jointly with Group COO and sometimes on his behalf. In all these meetings, take notes of all actions and commitments of the attendants and make timely follow up to ensure all actions are implemented and update the Group COO.
- Be an effective first link and point of contact for the Group COO with Group CEOs, Group Resources, and other business parties.
- Evaluate all issues that need attention of the Group COO that come to his knowledge through emails or other communication tools and offer solutions to the parties on his behalf, only escalate where you feel they need Group COOs attention.
- Take initiate to pre-empt challenges faced by CEOs, Group Resources and other parties who work closely with the Group COO, and offer assistance, or escalate to Group COO for action.
- Take ownership of all projects initiated by the office of the Group COO.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress using appropriate tools.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Collaborate with executive team members to determine and prioritize business strategies.
- Ensure functionality of the office of the Group COO, by ensuring availability of stationary, office automation tools, functioning office furniture, filing systems etc
- Manage all travels, both locally and internationally for the Group COO
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself