Operations Accountant-Projects and fixed Assets
Q-sourcing LimitedKampala, Uganda
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 8 days left to apply for this job.
The Operations Accountant is responsible for recording and reporting, accurately and on time, all financial transactions relating to capital projects, and to perform a Power User Role for Oracle Projects. The Transactional Accountant works closely with the Project Managers in the Technical Department and the Warehouse team to meet the organization’s objectives and transfer completed projects to the Fixed Assets Register.
Education, skills & abilities:
- Degree in Accounting, or in a related field preferred
- Professional accounting qualification ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA is preferred
- Minimum three years Fixed Assets Accounting experience
- Experience of ERP systems, Oracle knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Creative and analytical thinker
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Detail oriented and able to multitask, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be occasions that require working beyond the standard working week to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met
Maintenance of Assets- CIP and Fixed Assets
- Work with various stakeholders to ensure their understanding of the required categorization of assets. This includes the warehouse team while issuing to projects, the project team while raising POs and the finance reporting team.
- Analyze and review transactions within the Projects module and ensure their accuracy and completeness prior to capitalization.
- On a regular basis, review the Fixed Assets Register for correct representation and categorization of assets.
- Monitor and review transactions through Fixed Assets clearing account and advise the Shared Service Centre prior to capitalization.
- Advise the Shared Service Centre for asset write-offs.
Reporting and Reconciliations
- Perform reconciliations as necessary for subsidiary ledger accounts to general ledger (at least monthly).
- Analyze and perform detailed reviews and reasonableness of the monthly depreciation figures.
- Provide management with detailed reviews through TM1 submissions and Capex report on a monthly basis.
- Generate system reports to analyze requirements.
- Take responsibility for tagging of all the assets in the office
- Assist in internal and external audits as required.
- Assist with an accurate and efficient financial close.
- Provide financial input for all projects to the annual budget.
- Ensure All Fixed Assets Processes are documented and effectively supported by Oracle.
- Provide input to the system developers to enhance the system on an ongoing basis.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)