Fuzu Exclusive Job
Panalpina | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Overall purpose of the job:
Check the shipments against the information in the computerized system before offloading using high tech screening, weighing and temperature measurement equipment. Ensure correct efficient and timely handling of shipments and updating this data in the computer system.Qualifications and Experience
1. “O” Level (KCSE C)
2. Further training on/ possession of any relevant Commercial Course/ Aviation Course (preferably Export Documentation) will be an added advantage.
3. Excellent computer skills, proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
4. Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
5. A team player with exceptional people handling and problem solving skills.
6. Extremely self-motivated, confident, creative, disciplined with attention to detail.
7. Ability to cope with and handle stressful situations.
8. Hands on experience of at least 2 (Two) years and above
1. Checks at the start of the shift if the equipment and room are clean and ready to use
2. Follows clear instructions from the Supervisor for the priority in offloading of shipments over the truck-docs with high tech screening, weight and temperature recording equipment.
3. Ensures security staff is always attending the x-ray screening during the whole process of offloading shipments.
4. Timely and accurate manual recording of the receiving of each shipment in the intake book as back-up for the automated system.
5. Checks and records accurate shipment details on printed weight and temperature dockets before passing these as soon as possible to the Docs Reception office for further processing and filing.
6. Reports to Docs Reception when shipments offered for off-loading are not recognized in the computer system. Docs Reception to create a new record against which the operations Assistant can continue to off-load.
7. Reports any irregularity with shipments and or equipment to the Supervisor or Coordinator.
8. Cleaning of equipment and work-floor at the end of their shift.
9. Assists with any other task in the operations department during periods when there are no deliveries done. (stacking of boxes, netting, covering pallets)
10. Reports daily KPIs and any deviations from procedures to the Supervisor
11. Adheres to all health and safety SOPs of the company.
12. Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the management
Key Performance Areas (KRAs)
1. Temperature recording( 20%)
2. Documentation (20%)
3. Box count & dimensions check (20%)
4. Offloading (20%)
5. Communication (20%)
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Cargo inspection; Reporting; Document and archive management; Operative management; Inspection of incoming goods; Logistics information systems; Work place safety; Equipment and tool maintenanceRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply