Job verified by Fuzu
ADESO Africa | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Business, strategic management
- Intern or trainee
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Operations InternIntern - Private Sector Partnerships
World Food Programme
Mergers and Acquisition
Competition Authority of Kenya
Jobs in Business, strategic managementEntry-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
ABOUT NEAR NETWORK
Adeso together with other local and national NGOs have come together to form a global network which was launched in May 2016 at the World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul, Turkey. The network, NEAR (Network for Empowered Aid Response), is a movement of local organizations with a bold ambition – to reshape the top-down humanitarian and development system to one that is locally driven and owned, and is built around equitable, dignified and accountable partnerships.
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to quoting “Operations Intern” in the email subject matter. Each application should be addressed to the Regional Human Resources Manager and include the following:
An updated CV; and
An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees
• Support in organizing the upcoming NEAR Leadership Forum.
• Ensure that flights to and from South Sudan, Somalia, DR Congo, Nepal and Turkey are booked on time and in the most effective manner.
• Support in the reconciliation of flight, taxi and accommodation payments.
• Assist in bookings for accommodation for the leadership forum.
• Assist in the archiving system update and management with proper labels.
• Assist in maintaining procurement requests accommodation and flight purchase from different
• departments and prepare purchase plans with a view of ensuring cost effectiveness, timely procurement and quality of goods.
• Assist in keeping track records of all contracts for travel agency and payments.
• Assist in sending a request for quotations to the supplies and getting the quotations from different suppliers for comparison only for flights and accommodation
• Assist in raising payments and purchase request only for flights and accommodation
• Assist in verify and submitting of payments to finance when required.
• Ensure the proper filing of the departmental documents for logistics.
• Maintain up to date data and track international staff travels records, tickets, leases
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Business, strategic managementSeniority
: Intern or trainee
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: noneRequired skills
: Operative planning; Logistics planning and management; Procurement; Payment collection; Travel planning and reservations (leisure, business)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)