Operations & Logistics Manager
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 15 days left to apply for this job.
A courier company is looking for an experienced Operations Manager in the logistics industry, to lead their team. He/she will be responsible for overseeing the smooth operation of courier work and identifying areas of potential operational improvements. Additionally, he/she will be required to handle some bookkeeping responsibilities. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience as an operations manager and proven experience managing warehousing and logistics operations.
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
Minimum of 5 years as an Operations Manager in the logistics industry.
- Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery.
- Experience handling basic bookkeeping.
- Relevant Health and Safety knowledge.
- Able to motivate, organise and encourage individual and team performance to ensure targets are met or exceeded.
- Leads by example and efficiently deals with all people management issues.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Numerate, analytical and IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and highly competent in liaising with customers, suppliers and couriers.
- Excellent human relations skills to be able to work effectively with all members of the team.
Manage individual and team performance, identifying and addressing staff development needs
Ensure appropriate manning levels and core competencies are in line with business needs
Plan the production and despatch of goods in a cost-effective and timely manner
Effectively plan to warehouse to optimize space availability, ensuring safe storage
Follow relevant KPI’s and implement a process of measurement, review, and reporting
Drive efficiencies and cost-down initiatives with key suppliers
Negotiate and maintain relationships with couriers and freight forwarders
- Manage and maintain legal requirements regarding health and safety at all time
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)