Fuzu Exclusive Job
SafeBoda | Kampala, Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Human resources
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Who we are
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. SafeBoda is a Ugandan-based startup on a mission to make motorcycle taxis (bodas) more safe, affordable, and convenient across Sub-Saharan Africa—while providing a more meaningful and lucrative career for drivers. SafeBoda is growing fast with our mobile app on Android and iOS in terms of completed rides in Kampala, Uganda.
The Operations team are at the heart of SafeBoda and are responsible for ensuring SafeBoda rapidly grows its driver community to improve boda transportation in Kampala forever. We are looking for an Operations Manager to enable us to hire, retain, support performance, and grow the income of drivers. We are looking for a motivated, ambitious, highly intelligent individual to join this team.
● Supporting SafeBoda operations - this could be identifying recruitment strategy, creating Driver incentive programmes or streamlining and improving processes across operations.
● Analyzing performance metrics data and using it to identify ways to improve the performance of our drivers and the efficiency of the team.
● Developing and implementing a range of special and high impact projects across various functions of the driver team.
● Working with a team of ex-boda drivers to design, innovate and scale our operations.
● Have 4+ years of experience in operations, business development, or equivalent consulting experience. Management experience preferred.
● Ability to solve complex problems and manage crises calmly.
● Ability to find creative solutions to cultural and technological challenges.
● Be emotionally intelligent, humble and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences and skills.
● Possess strong data analysis skills - be confident using Excel to collect, analyze and present sets of data. Be comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
● Exhibit the ability to navigate ambiguity, juggle multiple tasks, think independently and problem solve like a boss.
● At a minimum strong undergraduate degree with demonstrated strong academic performance.
● Excitement for SafeBoda and what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation in East Africa.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: KampalaArea of work
: Human resourcesSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Performance monitoring and evaluation; Interviewing; Organize and manage recruitment campaigns; Business development; Operative managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply