Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 5 days left to apply for this job.
Principally responsible for Upesi Money Transfer payments functions. Principal leader tracking KPI’s and KRA’s for department’s staff members.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business or IT related discipline. An MBA will be an added advantage.
• Operations experience in the financial services sector, preferably in FinTech and/or payments/remittances.
• Business development experience in financial services sector
• Must be familiar with cross-border payments regulatory environments across the globe such as transaction thresholds and anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing.
• A team leader with high level communication skills.
• Results driven with self-motivation, with a passion for quality and deadlines.
• Likely 5 years’ experience in the financial services sector.
Planning and Organizing
• Coordinates with Departmental Head KPI’s and KRA’s for the Month, Quarter and Year.
• Ensures administrative requirements are adhered to and reports are submitted on time.
• Responsible for all planning and allocation of departmental resources including human.
• Oversee overall transaction monitoring of receipt and payments in all channels, namely over the counter, at agent locations, bank account networks, mobile wallet networks, on the company’s web and app platforms 24/7/365 basis as per the company’s policies and procedures.
• Champion innovation in sourcing and termination of transactions on all channels to meet best practices in the market in compliance with set regulations and laws.
• Review weekly and monthly performance reports on transaction monitoring and make recommendations on how to improve where necessary
• Maintain smooth flow of money transfer receipt and payment processes,
• Identifies and recommends new methods and procedural enhancements to make daily operations more efficient.
• Ensure immediate problem resolution process when there are system issues.
• Reads End of Day reports for all transactions done by all locations.
• Oversee analysis & daily reporting
• Ensure timely payments on all platforms
• Liaise with IT to ensure uptime of all systems
• Coordinate agency management, in liaison with Anti-Money Laundering Reporting Officer, IT Manager, Customer Service Manager and Business Development Manager in: -
a. On-boarding of new partners and agents.
b. Facilitating agent creation in agent portal.
c. Facilitating user creation.
d. Training agents on system usage.
e. Training agents on AML policies.
• Oversee daily support of agents
• Oversee training of agents on systems, transaction processing, record keeping, customer service
• Ensure proper record keeping of all transactional documents as required by various jurisdictions governing Upesi’s and its partners.
• Conducts periodic research on market trends with comparative analysis to Upesi’s products and strategic partnerships.
• Keeps abreast of market and industry trends.
• Makes use of insights from market research to inform business development strategy and direction and strengthen decision making process.
• Receives and acts on feedback from partners and customers for improvement of products and services
• Learns what the competition is doing in terms of positioning, customer experience and pricing.
Human Resource Functions
In conjunction with the GM and other managers:
1. Harmonious communication between the staff in the department and Management on fundamental issues that need to be brought to their attention.
2. Supervising all the staff in the department and ensure that work is done satisfactorily, and timelines/deadlines are adhered to.
3. Managing staff motivation in the department and keeping staff morale high at all times.
4. Ensure that staff in the department maintain the right standards of etiquette as per company policies and procedures.
5. Ensure the staff in the department report on time and any absence is communicated to HR.
6. Problem solving; Ensure that conflicts between employees are solved amicably and escalate to HR if it cannot be handled in your jurisdiction. Aim to solve any issue same day.
7. Manage expectations of employees as a representation of the CEO/BOD.
8. Effective on-boarding process for all the new staff in the department, training and assessment. Coordinating training programs to keep them abreast of any changes and improvements in the systems and policies on a regular basis. Training needs to be identified and addressed from time to time with the assistance of HR Department.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Market research, intelligence; Reporting; Compliance; Account management; Business strategy; Operative management; Operative planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)