Job verified by Fuzu
International Potato Center | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato Value Chain Specialist
- Post-graduate education
- Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlife
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato Value Chain SpecialistResearch Assistant – Livestock Genetics
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
Research Officer (Breeding)
Agriculture Development Corporation
Research Officer - Lab (Tissue Culture)
Agriculture Development Corporation
Jobs in Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlifeMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
The Value Chain Coordinator will provide technical and managerial leadership in all aspects of the OFSP Compact, overseeing the work of implementing partners, and ensuring timely and high-quality delivery of activities and reporting. The position will be based in one of the participating countries in sub-Saharan Africa and will report within CIP to the global Sweetpotato Program Leader and the Africa Regional Director.
• Lead the Commodity Technology Delivery Compact (CTDC) of Orange Fleshed Sweetpotato and the development of all necessary submissions for approval by the Clearinghouse.
• Oversee day-to-day management and implementation of value chain compact activities in close collaboration with country value chain implementation teams.
• Guide the Regional Member Countries (RMCs) to prepare food technology outreach campaigns for the CTDC for submission to the Clearinghouse of the Reginal Technology Delivery Infrastructure (RTDI).
• Prepare and submit from the CTDC a list of technologies to be deployed and the resources required, to the RTDI, specifically the Project Steering Committee (PSC) through the Clearinghouse who will review and approve the appropriate technologies.
• Lead in undertaking the activities of the CTDC which include: agreeing with RMCs on approaches to deploy technologies, defining target areas, mobilizing all actors across the value chain, and designing and implementing wide-scale farmer extension models.
• Facilitate the implementation of these value chain activities in all target countries and participate in the monitoring of progress made towards achieving value chain and TAAT set goals.
• Provide support to all value chain public and private sector partners in each participating country and ensure that they are fully and actively engaged.
• Establish good linkages with lead compact institution to ensure that administrative support is provided for fiduciary services such as procurement and financial management.
• In close consultation and collaboration with the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA), ensure that capacity is built in all needed areas for various stakeholders within the value chain.
• In close consultation and collaboration with the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), ensure that all policy related issues that can affect value chain transformation within target countries are effectively addressed.
• Support the development of young Agripreneurs through demonstration and training, in close collaboration with the ENABLE-TAAT Compact.
• Ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the compact are prepared and submitted to the program management office on schedule.
• Present the activities, results, impacts, and outcomes of the value chain at professional, donor, and other stakeholders’ meetings.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Program Management and/or Institutional
• Management Office to meet the objectives of the value chain.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Agriculture, fishing, forestry, wildlifeSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Operative management; Partnerships; Quality control (food production); Training program planning; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)