Sales managers are the
conductors of a company’s revenue engine. They create and nurture high
performance sales teams, and lead them to hit revenue forecasts and meet
customer needs.Minimum requirements:
Roles and Responsibilities of a Sales Manager
1. It is the sales manager’s duty to map potential customers and generate leads for the organization.
2. Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
3. Maintains national sales staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
4. Provide excellence customer service to all the dealership’s customers
5. Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service
6. Motivating team members is one of the most important duties of a sales manager. S/He needs to make his team work as a single unit working towards a common objective. Develop lucrative incentive schemes and introduce monetary benefits to encourage them to deliver their level best. Appreciate whenever they land in a new customer or generate some big sales.
7. It is the sales manager’s duty to ensure his team is delivering desired results. Supervision is essential. Track their performances. Make sure each one is living up to the expectations of the organization. Ask them to submit a report of what all they have done throughout the week or month. The performers must be encouraged while the non-performers must be dealt with utmost patience and care.
8. A sales manager is responsible for not only selling but also maintaining and improving relationships with the client.
9. Ensure that the sales department works cross functionally with executives from other departments. For example, they collaborate with marketing to generate new lead sources and expand the target customer base, or with product and research teams to make sure customer needs are met.
10. Budget forecasts are a large part of the general manager's duties. Based on current economic facts, past sales numbers and future product development, the sales manager helps management forecast the annual budget.
11. A sales manager always maintains the necessary data and records for future reference.