Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
- Manage all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread and any others advised by management following traditional and modern recipes.
- Ability to develop, design, and create new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen to renew pastry menus and engage new clients
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the pastry and dessert offerings.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc during pastry and dessert preparation and make appropriate orders within budget to ensure appropriate costing
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience as a pastry chef with a large focus on French pastries
- A culinary or related degree
- Experience in an internationally renowned restaurant or hotel as a pastry chef is highly desirable
- Excellent knowledge of food safety management with a strong understanding of HACCP technicalities
- Posses professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Diploma, Associate's degree
Required relevant work experience: 10 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file - the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
7 days left to apply
Karveli Bakery and More
Karveli Bakery & More is an ultra-modern European style café specializing in German bread, French pastry and Italian Gelato ice cream and food at affordable prices. Karveli meaning loaf, offers freshly baked bread, cakes and pastries all with natural ingredients. All these products are of high quality. We also offer a wide range of continental and Italian dishes.
Meet your new colleagues
7 days left to apply