PC12 Captain ( REF: AFD/CPT/10-2020)
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
AMREF Flying Doctors is the leading provider of fixed – wing air ambulance services in Africa. We have been in the aeromedical transport industry for more than 60 years – operating from Wilson Airport in Nairobi.
Our fully owned fleet of aircraft ranging from short field Pilatus PC 12 to long-range jet aircraft including Citation Bravo and Citation XLS is available to evacuate patients from remote bush airstrips as well as to repatriate patients by jet air ambulance to other continents.
Additionally to our fully equipped and dedicated air ambulance fleet, we operate several Advanced Life Support (ALS) Ground Ambulances and a 24/7 Operations and Emergency Control Centre (OECC).
AMREF Flying Doctors is internationally accredited by the European Aeromedical Institute (EURAMI) for its high professional standards and has twice been a recipient of the prestigious ITIJ Air Ambulance Provider of the Year award.
Any surplus generated by AMREF Flying Doctors supports Amref Health Africa’s humanitarians work and is crucial in helping the organisation to achieve its mission of lasting health change in Africa.
About the Role
Responsible for operating AMREF Flying Doctors aircrafts for aero-medical missions and any other company flights with the highest safety standards in accordance with AMREF Flying Doctors operations manuals while upholding Kenya Civil Aviation Authority regulations and air rules in each country in which it operates.
JOB REF: AFD/CPT/10-2020
Reporting to : Chief Pilot
Function : Operations
Location: Inside Wilson Airport
NB; KINDLY NOTE TO SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTATION ON FLYING HOURS ON THE CERTIFICATION SECTION.
The Captain of an aircraft shall be responsible for the operations and safety of the aircraft and have the final authority as to the operation in accordance with Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations (KCARS). S/he shall;
- Act as flight crew and team leader on AMREF Flying Doctors flights which include aero-medical evacuations, hospital, humanitarian, outreach flights; and any other approved company flights to the highest of safety standards;
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of company Operations Manuals; the relevant parts of the KCARS, the Kenyan AIP and other KCAA promulgated Circulars, Directives and Notices; including familiarity with International air legislation, best aviation practices and standards.
- Ensuring that the flight complies with all laws, rules and regulations of all authorities of each country in which it operates;
- Complete statutory and company documentations associated with a flight.
- Ensure sound knowledge and implementation of safety, security and emergency standards in all aircraft operations.
- Function in a team environment with flight mission crew and other staff and assist with passenger/ patient care where practical.
- Performing functional checks or maintenance test flights when required.
- Assisting in matters related to flight operations including airfield database updating, flight planning and dispatch in the areas of operation.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant Kenya air laws and International air legislation and agreed aviation practices and procedures.
- Train and coach junior pilots in specific areas of experience.
- Providing assistance to the medical crew during medical interventions as necessary
- Assisting the Chief Pilot office in matters related to flight operations including safety and quality assurance activities.
- Represent and uphold company values and positively promote the public profile of the company
- And other secondary duties as may be required
Skills and Competencies
- KCSE certificate or equivalent
- A Kenyan citizen holding a valid Kenya Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with a multi-engine instrument rating.
- Have a minimum of 2000 hours; 1000 hours of which must be in command and with 200 hours in command on Pilatus PC12 or Light twin-turbine engine aircraft.
- Have experience in Eastern Africa flying into remote airstrips and understanding of local terrain and seasonal weather.
- Possess good understanding of Kenya Civil Aviation Regulations (KCARS);
- Have a good flight safety record and practical knowledge with planning and dispatch systems in an ad-hoc type commercial operation.
- Experience in aviation operations management systems and safety or quality system is an added advantage.
- Good communications skills with excellent written and oral skills
- A strong team player with high degree of discipline
- Dependable, demonstrate problem-solving and decision making skills,
- Have attention to detail with a self-driven attitude
- A professional pilot with good work ethics and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision in highly dynamic environment.
- Knowledge in ICT
OTHER RESOURCES (in your custody)
DETAILS TO SUBMIT
1. License type - Minimum (Kenyan ATPL with Multi-IR )Details to submit - Valid ATPL License 2. Total Flying time - Minimum ( 2000 hours) Details to submit - Certified Logbook entries and Flying Hours Summary3. Pilot in command- Minimum ( 1000) Details to submit - Certified logbook entries and flying hours summary 4. Turbine time - Minimum ( 500) Details to submit - Certified logbook entries and flying hours summary. 5. Multi-engine time- Minimum (50) Details to submit - Certified logbook entries and flying hours summary6. Night Flying - Minimum( 100) Details to submit - Certified logbook entries and flying hours summary 7. Pilot in command time on either PC12 or similar type - MInimum (200)Details to submit - Certified logbook entries and flying hours summary8. Remote Airstrips experience - Minimum ( 1 year flying within Eastern Africa tarmac and unprepared airfields)Details to submit - Logbook airports/Routes copies and CV with referees, 9. Medical - Minimum ( Current class 1 with no restrictions)Details to submit - Aviation medical certificate10. English Proficiency ( Class 5)Details to submit - License endorsement11. Languages - ( Fluent in English)Details to submit - Demonstrate 12. Valid International Passport - (Valid with no restrictions i.e. passport and visa copies)
- Responsibility over assets: The office, office equipment, aircraft, Ipad/Tablets
- Responsibility over data or information: Has access to confidential company data and intelligence.
- Based at AMREF Flying Doctors Hangar, Wilson airport
- AFD has a 24-hour work environment due to nature of its operations.
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Vocational schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourselfEducation certificate
- the official certificate for your highest education
1 days left to apply