Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Senior Nursing Officer, the pediatric nurses’ job exists to provide pediatric nursing services
and care, and provide nursing research and training at the KUTRRH.
Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Pediatric Specialized Nursing from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- At least three years working experience as a pediatric nurse in a reputable health facility;
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya and Valid Practice License;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Knowledge of relevant legislations;
- Knowledge of professional standards;
- Proven track record of nursing research and training in a reputable institution.
- Receive, register, record and document children’s’ information and present the same to the Medical Officers at the unit.
- Transfer referred children from unit for further diagnosis or specialized treatment from other units of the hospital.
- Provide general nursing services and care to children in the hospital.
- Identify changes in a child’s signs and symptoms and intervene in emergent situations
- Serve as a child advocate
- Analyze situations to anticipate pathophysiological problems and detect changes in status
- Determine a child’s needs related to pain management
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of children sections in the hospital.
- Support Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in attending to children in the pediatric unit.
- Administer medication to children in the unit as prescribed by Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the hospital.
- Administer patient care and nursing to outpatients in the hospital.
- Monitor patients’ progress in the unit, document the same for clear patient records and report the same to the Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the hospital.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling children with multiple of complex medical conditions in the units in the hospital.
- Supervise, guide and mentor junior nursing officers, interns and nursing students, together with their work in the units of the hospital.
- Provide nursing services research and training to students at the unit of the hospital.
- Ensure that nursing areas are clean and tidy complying with sanitation standards of the hospital.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)