People Operations Associate
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
One Acre Fund is a rapidly-growing organization with limitless potential for impact. We commit significant resources to our recruiting efforts to hire the world’s best international development professionals. We are seeking a detail-oriented professional, with excellent people skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to learn to join our People Operations team to help provide our staff with exceptional service, benefits, and support, with a particular focus on direct HR services for staff.
Onboarding, Offboarding, and Other Job Transitions Support: The People Operations Associate will provide direct support for One Acre Fund’s global professionals, in particular leading Global HR’s support with onboarding, offboarding, internal transfers, and promotions. This team member is expected to onboard approximately 50+ new global leadership staff each year posted in more than ten countries worldwide, support departing staff, and provide HR support during job transitions as well. Work will include:
- Coordinating closely with the Global Recruitment, Corporate Operations, and Finance teams, as well as other members of the Global HR team.
- Working in our HR information system (HRIS) to ensure new hires have clear onboarding tasks assigned and new hire paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Communicating with new staff regarding policies and benefits, and answering onboarding questions.
- Providing support for global professionals with internal transfers, promotions, and other job-related changes, including making updates in our HRIS and answering staff questions about changes in policies and benefits.
- Working with managers to provide offboarding support, such as initiating offboarding tasks in our HRIS, sending out exit surveys to staff and managers, and answering questions from departing staff.
- Playing a key role in finding new ways to streamline and improve the staff experience with our onboarding, offboarding, and other job transitions.
HRIS and Document Management: The People Operations Associate is expected to help administer our HR information system (HRIS) and work with Global Recruitment, Finance, Corporate Operations, and other teams, as well as senior leaders at One Acre Fund, to support HRIS data needs across our organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Being an administrator for our HRIS, including troubleshooting technical issues, managing confidentiality in the HRIS, and providing other support as requested from our staff.
- Ensuring timely data updates are made in the HRIS (and communicated to other teams, as applicable) when staff changes take place.
- Creating and updating HRIS reports to share key HR data.
- Managing various HR documents stored on the HRIS, including creating and updating document templates, updating existing documents, improving document management systems, and working with a graphic designer on larger projects, as applicable.
Payroll and Reimbursements: The People Operations Associate will assist with analyzing and processing reimbursements and payroll, including:
- Setting up new staff on payroll, assisting with payroll data entry, and providing other support for timely processing of payroll and staff support.
- Monthly payroll reporting.
- Assisting with reviewing, analyzing, and processing benefit-related reimbursement expense requests each month in time for payroll deadlines.
Special Projects: The People Operations Associate will have the opportunity to lead and support various special projects specific to the Global HR team. These projects will offer the People Operations Associate the opportunity to further the strategy, objectives and key results of the Global HR team, the People Division, and the organization. Accordingly, the scope of any potential projects will depend on the specific needs of the team and the organization.
Customer Service: The People Operations team is responsible for quickly responding to a variety of HR-related inquiries from our staffers around the world. This team member will have the opportunity to connect with staff members in our different countries of operation by supporting their HR needs.
Start-Up Tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly. This means that all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our staffers and clients. We are looking for a diligent and enthusiastic staff member who can tackle tasks quickly and accurately and who has the flexibility and willingness to take on any People Operations task or project that arises.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Employee guidelines and onboarding; Human resource and personnel development; Payroll; Human resources information systems; Compensation and benefits; Employee relations and consultationsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)