Fuzu Exclusive Job
ACCESS AFYA | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Diploma, Associate's degree
- Medical, health
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
ACCESS AFYA is a social enterprise that delivers primary health care in the poorest communities in Kenya. We take a chain of low-cost micro-clinics as anchors to our model, with a mobile field health team that reaches people in the places where they already spend their time - such as schools and factories.
OUR MISSION is to be the first health access point for the global mass market, starting in Kenya’s slums. Each element of our model is designed for scale.
OUR TEAM: We are a diverse and dedicated team of professionals with experience in healthcare, business and informatics based in Nairobi, Kenya.
RECENT GROWTH: In 2017 alone, we grew our team including the addition of three key management roles, doubled our patient volume, increased our revenue by 430%, and piloted new business models including partnerships with Boehringer Ingleheim and Heineken Africa Foundation. We opened 2 new pharmacies and a diagnostic centre.
Access Afya is growing and we are looking to hire the best and brighest people to join our team.
Our team is bound together by a common, compelling purpose, based on shared values. The following values bond our team and shapes how we work together towards achieving our goals: Self drive, Integrity, Resilience, Reliability and Empathy.
Do you we share the same values? we are looking for you!
One should have:
- Diploma or degree in Pharmaceutical Technology.
Registered with Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Proficient in Supply chain management and Pharmacy operations
We are hiring a Pharmacy Technician who will be :
- responsible for managing medication distribution within Access Afya clinics
- provide drug information and education to patients.
- He/she should have complete understanding and appreciation for the use and side effects of prescription and non-prescription drugs used to treat common disease states.
- He/She must demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Label and dispense prescribed medicines and provide information and advise to patients about how to use their medicines.
- Support the clinical team in performing final accuracy checks on dispensed medicines, immediately before they are handed out and provide dispensing training to the team as needed in order to ensure compliance with governing bodies.
- Advise members of the community about over the counter medicines, the management of minor ailments and healthy lifestyles.
- Responsible for selling over the counter medicines and other items stocked by the pharmacy, such as cosmetics, toiletries and overall consumables.
- Responsible for ordering, labeling and counting stock of medications, chemicals and supplies, and enter inventory data in the computer.
- Responsible for receiving and storing incoming supplies, verifying quantities against invoices and informing the Supply Chain Director of stock needs and shortages.
- Accountable for maintaining knowledge and staying abreast of all the changes that occur in the Pharmaceutical field.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Medical, healthSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired skills
: Medication and prescription administration; Supplier evaluation and management; Stock and inventory management; Medicine; Documentation and record keepingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply