Planner - Jambo Jet Operations Control
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
To ensure proper, efficient, safe and economical planning, monitoring and control of crew utilization in accordance to regulatory and internal requirements while maximizing revenue opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
KCAA regulations covering crew duty and rest periods
Good command of MS Office applications
Trained user of crew management system.
Diploma in Flight Operations or related field
Minimum ‘O’ level education
- At least 5 years experience in relevant field
• Determine flight, ground, and simulator schedule requirements for upgrade, initial qualification, re-qualification, transition, currency, and continuation training based on syllabus requirements, student progression, weather, and daily equipment/training range availability in consultation with Chief Pilot.
• Assign crewmember duty periods and rest in a fair and balanced manner, optimizing crew utilization and observing regulations
• Schedule crewmembers for training, exercises, simulators, and operations, as required.
• Track crew leave, temporary duty, scheduled medical appointments or other scheduling commitments
• Maximize schedule utility using all available crew and aircraft resources
• Minimize client disruptions through creative problem solving, collaboration with internal stakeholders and timely communication
• Coordinate trip recovery solutions during a schedule disruption and adverse weather conditions
• Coordinate logistics (tickets, visas, flight/hotel bookings and DTA) to ensure uninterrupted travel and sufficient crew rest
• Track daily flight in collaboration with Flight Dispatchers
• Publish/post scheduling data as above, on Wingtrac System
• Prepare and analyze periodic performance reports (i.e. Days off, Sick off, Training, Leave etc) onflight crew, for Management decision making
• Managing leave and days owed by Flight deck crew to optimize productivity
• Check, verify and submit pilots’ productivity claims i.e. training, days off and extra hour’s allowances payment and subsequent payroll data entry by 5th of every month.
• Investigate and establish delay causes attributed to flight crew in order to minimize recurrence of the same.
• Accomplish routine monitoring of safety, security and quality control activities to ensure ongoing conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures.
• Ensure corrective and preventative actions identified by quality& safety audits; investigations or other internal reporting mechanisms are undertaken within the agreed time frame.Required education
: Diploma, Associate's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Office administration, management; Quality management; Logistics planning and management; Training program planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)