Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
Wärtsilä is a multinational organization with a strong market presence in the Eastern Africa region. We provide optimal efficiency throughout the entire lifetime of our customers’ installations. Our global service network helps our customers keep their business running, while saving fuel and costs and complying with environmental regulations. Our customers appreciate the best service in the world. So do we. In order to continue to help us to achieve our mission Wartsila is looking for a Plant Operator.
Services Contract Management has the execution responsibility for different types of long term service contracts as our customers’ partner. Globally the business covers 600 installations both on land and sea and is one of the strategic growth areas within the Services Division.
Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd has an existing O&M Contract with Tsavo Power up to Mar 2021 for the 80 MW Kipevu II Power Plant in Mombasa, Kenya. WEA is looking for a Plant Operator for Kipevu II Power Plant whose main responsibilities includes the following:
1. Operate and maintain the plant during the shift according to company policies and procedures.
2. You will provide the relieving Shift Operator with a complete handover, bringing to his attention any operational disturbances, malfunctions or abnormalities.
3. You will be required to maintain plant power production at the output designated by management & operate the plant within the acceptable loading envelope under plant dispatch directives from utility.
4. In your role, you will work closely with the Shift Supervisor.
5. Recommend and make changes to the existing standard plant operating procedures.
- Operate and maintain the plant during the shift according to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain plant power production at the output designated by management. Operate the plant within the acceptable loading envelope under plant dispatch directives from utility.
- Assist in start-up, shut-down and normal operations of the power plant systems.
- Complete and maintain all logs and running records in a clear and concise manner according to guidelines.
- Responsible for taking corrective action during system operational disturbance and/or bringing such disturbances to the attention of the Operations Supervisor.
- Effectively communicate the condition of the plant equipment and performance to shift charge and fellow plant personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining the plant in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Perform emergency procedures in order to protect personnel and equipment in case of damage or failure of safety deficiencies.
- Utilize all tools, equipment, and accessories in such a manner so as to maximize useful operating life.
- Provide the relieving Shift Operator with a complete handover, bringing to his attention any operational disturbances, malfunctions or abnormalities.
- To perform planned and corrective maintenance as directed and as needed and to account for all parts and materials, supplies and fluids used in the performance of that work.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 18 monthsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)