Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Temporary
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The position is located in the FAO Representation in Kenya.
Mobilize relevant MoALF staff/ partners and undertakes review and stocktaking of policy and strategic frameworks, including the Agricultural Sector Transformation and Growth Strategy (ASTGS), and investment plans and implementation frameworks with recommendations for the way forward.
• Prepare technical reports, policy briefs, and policy advocacy materials in partnership with staff and partners.
• Organize and facilitate workshops for training, policy dialogue, and information and knowledge sharing including the 2019 World Food Day (WFD).
• Support the establishment of Public-Private Policy Dialogue platforms both at the national and county levels by liaising with the committee on the implementation of the PPPDP.
• Contribute to consultative and other meetings, conferences, including proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, Preparation of documents and presentations.
• Assist with outreach and communication-related activities; design of training workshops, seminars, reviews and contributes to the development of learning materials, makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
• Perform other related tasks as required.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)