GoAfrica is a B2B marketplace that enables buyers and suppliers worldwide to trade with buyers and suppliers within Africa. The
GoAfrica strategy provides a compelling value proposition for both buyers and suppliers as it offers deep and easy-to-use platform functionality optimised to work in low bandwidth environments including mobile access. GoAfrica is headquartered in London, with on-the-ground operations across Africa, Asia and Europe.
Are you a highly organized and efficient professional with a keen eye for detail? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a company that believes in growing their employees? Are you skilled in PR, offline marketing & events? Go Africa, is looking for a PR Manager to join their Nairobi office.
This challenging position will offer a unique opportunity to join a brand-new start-up with offices through-out the continent. The position is based in Kenya and will report to the Kenya Country Manager, as well as the Global Head of Marketing.
· 5-7 years of experience in public relations, media communications, marketing and/or journalism for a global technology or major consumer brand
· Multi-year experience in media relations and communications for an agency or dedicated corporate communications department, or as a journalist.
· Strong network in Kenya
· Fluent in English, other languages (Arabic,French) are a plus.
· Please apply with Resume & cover letter detailing your previous achievements.
Plan, coordinate and execute corporate & Consumer communication plan, and trade & B2B events, together with Country Manager & Head of Marketing.
· Negotiate with offline advertising agencies, for billboard, press ads, etc.
· Participate in goAfrica Go-to-market strategy (launch event, etc.)
· Establish and plan corporate communications, including trade and event strategy, priorities, tactics and budget allocation.
· May represent goAfrica as an official corporate spokesperson.
· Set direction for, organize, coordinate, and ensure quality control of written materials from internal and external sources including press releases, Q&As/messaging documents, PR plans, fact sheets and reports.
· If needed, coordinate with PR agency partners to execute plans, events and activities such as product launch events, interviews & special media activities.