Prime System Adviser
Save the Children (Kenya)Nairobi, Kenya
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The PRIME System Adviser is strategically positioned to work with the PRIME Product Owner to provide operational PRIME expertise throughout the deployment period. This role will need to build a hands on working knowledge of PRIME as a product. Understand the different business processes that PRIME supports, build an appreciation of which business functions own which processes and connect this with the functionality in PRIME.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of NGO context and core concepts of programmatic delivery
- Ability to demonstrate practical know-how of project management in developmental or humanitarian contexts at operational level
- Appreciation and natural curiosity for technology. How technology solutions support business processes, how they unlock value and can be a key driver of innovation and transformation
- Understanding of systems development and support including requirements, testing, release management, incident management, request fulfilment and change management processes
- Understanding of the importance of data, concepts of data mastership and how this relates to systems architecture and integrations
- Excellent skills in developing manuals, guidance and tools that are accessible and user-friendly.
- Knowledge of the design and delivery of face to face and online trainings
- Passion for driving uptake of technology solutions to ensure return on investment and unlock of value for organisations
- Excellent project management and prioritisation skills; strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching; ability to work across different cultures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain complex issues to a wide range of audience.
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload; to work effectively under pressure; and to organise and prioritise work to ensure departmental deadlines are met.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and cooperatively within a team setting and across teams
- Solid skills in Microsoft applications. Experience managing content on intranet type systems a plus.
- Ability to challenge and negotiate assertively and cooperatively with senior staff.
- Demonstrable commitment to equal opportunities and awareness of what constitutes good practice.
This role will be responsible for:
Supporting the PRIME Product Owner in prioritising and managing the backlog of demand (both defects and improvements) carried forwards from the initial deployment
- Own and drive system improvements including gathering requirements, writing user stories, facilitating review sessions across different functions and had over to development teams
- Work with Product owner, business analysts and Synergy (3rd party supplier who own PRIME platform) to define and test release 2 functionality
- Coordinating with the PRIME and Coding project teams in the requirements gathering process and reviewing of user stories
- Partner with Country and Regional Offices to upskilling the end user community
- Running sessions with the IT Developers to ensure requirements and user stories are understood correctly
- Work with test function to ensure common understanding of test approach. Conduct business testing of the functionalities built as part of PRIME and Coding changes
- Coordinate user acceptance tests with a small group of key end users.
- Engage with Members to assist in fit-gap activities to help Members define how they will adopt PRIME for their domestic programming portfolio
- Work with BAs, Product Owner and Project Managers to define templatised approach for running fit-gaps and deploying PRIME to Members
- Work with PRIME champions, IT first line support staff and super users based globally, ensuring that key learning materials and support guidance is developed, published and used effectively.
- Play an active role in gathering, analysing and designing of system improvement and change requests; provide recommendations to the PRIME Product Owner and working groups for future enhancements.
- Write user stories and ensure fully understood by developers. Work with business analysts, subject matter experts and product owner to ensure enhancements and improvements are agreed through the appropriate forums of working groups, design authorities and architecture boards before being approved for development
- Liaise with software developers to ensure fixes and enhancements meet the needs of the organisation and are aligned with project management methodology (PMM) processes
- Play a leading role in delivering PRIME developments, including user testing and updates to learning materials and roll out, in accordance with agreed plans
- Collaborate with IT first line support staff and network of PRIME Champions/ super users based globally, ensuring that materials (including manuals, FAQs etc.) are maintained and used effectively.
- Facilitate regular discussions amongst the PRIME focal points across the Save the Children family to ensure consistency in approaches to the using of PRIME, including maintaining data quality.
- For more complex requests, provide advice and support to end users and PRIME champions globally. Work with third line IT team/ software developers to find solutions to technical issues.
- Work with Programme Team to support deployment to Members
- Specifically help Members build understanding of PRIME functionality and its applicability to their domestic programmes as part of fit gap assessments
- Explain mandatory versus optional elements of PRIME in the context of adoption of the global data model and global reporting frameworks
- Work with Programme Team to refine a methodology for deploying to Members that draws on templates and is constantly improved resulting in increased speed of deployment over time
- Understand and analyse learning needs of PRIME users across the organisation and identify proactive training approaches to meet these.
- Work with C&D function to maintain PRIME end user learning materials, training databases and e-learning course content (user guides, videos, webinars etc), ensure materials are fit for purpose and updated in line with any changes to PRIME
- Provide system reports and enquiries in accordance with business requirements
- Liaise with focal points and business leads of other priority projects (Coding, ProSave etc.) and other systems (including finance, HR, emergencies etc.) to ensure seamless integration of data, tools and processes to achieve efficiencies across the organisation.
- Represent the PRIME team in other projects to ensure PRIME aspects are considered and tackled during design and implementation of other system improvement projects.
Job RequirementsRequired education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 5 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Other Jobs at Save the Children (Kenya)
Director of Information Security and Data Protection
Save the Children (Kenya) / Kenya
Child Protection Officer
Save the Children (Kenya) / Daadab
Programme support Officer
Save the Children (Kenya) / Daadab
Regional Awards (Grants) Coordinator
Save the Children (Kenya) / Nairobi
Regional Risk Communication and Community Engagement Specialist
Save the Children (Kenya) / Nairobi
Software Engineer- Full Stack, Mobile
Nairobi / Sunculture
Oracle DBA - Engineer
Kenya / Sybyl
Tech Support Officer
Nairobi / 4G Capital
Music Database Manager
Nairobi / Mdundo.com
Phones - Service Delivery Manager
Nairobi / M-KOPA SOLAR