Principal Agricultural Officer
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
Post Reference No. MDSC/EXT/007/2018
To provide leadership, technical support and guidance for the delivery of quality Agricultural extension services in Local Governments in support of improved livelihood of the communities and national development.
How to apply
Applications must be ﬁlled in triplicate of PSC Form NO.3 Revised (2008). The application forms can be obtained from any District Service Commission, Public service Commission offices, 2ndﬂoor FarmersHouse, Kampala. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number speciﬁed under the vacancy.Applicants should attach three recent passport size photographs. Serving officers must route their applications through the head of Department who must be informed of the closing date to avoid delay.
- Implementing policies, programmes and laws on Agriculture sub sector;
- Supervising, and managing the agricultural sub sector activities, programmes and staff;
- Evaluating and preparing status reports on production and marketing activities produced;
- Managing and accounting for all the resources availed for the sub sector;
- Initiating developmental projects in the sub sector;
- Developing programmes and training both the farmers and staff in production methods,
technologies, soils conservation and proper land use;
- Compiling processes and disseminating agricultural information, data and statistics;
- Sensitizing the communities on natural disasters; and
- Providing farmers with technical advice on the use of chemicals and pesticides.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Pest and disease control; Programme management; Training program planning; Project implementation; Agriculture and natural resources; Data analysis; MarketingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)