Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology, or Science Technology- Biology, plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above fields from a recognized University/Institution.
Applicants should have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant working experience in the field of Biomedical Laboratory Technology; or Science Technology, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Laboratory Technologist in Government or from a reputable organization.
- Setting standards for the control of disease, pests and weed climatic conditions;
- Collecting samples, preparing and carrying out quality control under sterile conditions;
- Undertaking quality control activities/ experiments to ensure proper investigations and tests development;
- Participating in activities leading to the identification of pests and disease and weed strains in the Country;
- Preparing re-agents and all the required materials used in the laboratories;
- Creating and maintain records related to tests and investigations of pests, diseases and weeds;
- Undertaking guided and supportive research activities and quality control experiments;
- Carrying out proper storage and use of all laboratory equipment;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.