Principal Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
Reporting to the Director, Legal Services & Company Secretary; this position leads a team to manage the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of legal risk and compliance requirements and actions with regard to established laws and regulations. The position also ensures that the organization is up-to-date with existing, proposed or new legislation and the requirements to be met by the organization to be in compliance with legislation or regulations.
1. Legislation and regulation analysis (review and analysis, preparation of position statements, business advisory, compliance tracking). Consolidation of analysis of legislation and advisory statements (position statements and resultant action matrix).
2. Legal risk and compliance advisory (on business activities, projects, procedures and policies).
3. Overall management of risk related divisional activities (DORCCO, KRIs. RCSA. KCSA, Ethics Compliance, BIA, RVA, BCP & disaster recovery, audit tracker and crisis management).
4. Regulatory issues management (review and analysis and position statements on regulatory compliance – CBK, CMA, CA, IRA, RBA, CAK, KAMP, PRISK).
5. Intellectual Property (IP): register and maintain data/information on service marks, trademarks, logos for KCB Group. Handle disputes arising thereof (e.g. infringements of IP and/or Copyrights). Intellectual property registration and life cycle management.
6. Case law management (internal and external case law and legal opinions).
7. Policies, procedures and standards (including process flows, templates and forms) (creation, maintenance, versioning and retirement).
8. Management of authorities and authority limits (powers of attorney, authority limits sign off requirements, expenses, file processes and consent judgments).
9. Preparation and dissemination of practice notes, FAQs and training materials and guidelines.
10. Any other duties assigned.Required education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)