Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering; or Civil Engineering; or any other related field plus a Masters Degree in any of the above or any other related field from a recognized University/Institution.
Applicants should have six (6) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at Senior Officer Level in Government or equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
- Participating in the formulation of regulations, standards, and codes of practice for transport and storage infrastructure;
- Participating in the process of land acquisition for transport pipeline way leaves;
- Participating in monitoring and inspecting transportation operations and storage infrastructure;
- Maintaining and supervising management of petroleum products pipelines and national strategic fuel reserves;
- Maintaining database and continuously updating it on available technologies in areas of Engineering and operations of downstream petroleum products, transport and storage facilities;
- Guiding evaluation and implementation of recommendations arising from research in transport and storage facilities;
- Participating in budgeting and report writing;
- Appraising staff under the Unit;