Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication; or Journalism, or Public Relations; or any other related qualification plus a minimum of a Post Graduate Diploma in any of the above disciplines from a recognized University/ Institution.
Applicants should have a minimum of six (6) years relevant working experience, three (3) of which should have been served at the level of Senior Communication Officer in Government or from a reputable organization.
- Gathering information raised in Media Articles relating to the Ministry and advising on the responses;
- Compiling material for Articles, supplements, and other Government publications;
- Disseminating the Ministry’s Publications to various Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
- Providing the public with information about the Ministry’s activities;
- Organizing press conferences and media briefings;
- Managing the Ministry’s suggestion boxes;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.