Job verified by Fuzu
Victory Farms | Homabay, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
Victory Farms is the fastest-growing aquaculture operation in sub-Saharan Africa, and seeks an experienced and passionate Processing Officer to join our team at this exciting period of expansion. The employee will be responsible for leading the processing and packaging production operations. Insure safe production of high quality products to meet the customer’s needs in the most cost-effective manner.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of programs and procedures to maximize production, minimize waste, increase capacity and efficiencies and maintain product quality and integrity.
• Establish safety as a top priority through training, equipment/job design, work assignments and regulatory compliance.
• Insure product safety and establish high performance standards in housekeeping, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), International Food Standards (IFS), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) requirements.
• Responsible for leading Sanitation and Pathogen Control functions within the facility.
• Adhere to the Food Defense and Security functions within the facility.
• Evaluate team performance efficiencies and coordinates necessary resources for schedule attainmen.t
• Coaches, teaches and coordinates and evaluates programs for team members to develop skills advantageous to the companies needs and goals.
• Operational responsibilities include controlling costs in raw ingredients, packaging, direct labor, operating expenses and capital expenditures.
• Create a safe work environment by embracing diversity and fostering an inclusive environment where all team members are treated equally and with respect.
• Promotes and facilitates safe work practices always. Takes appropriate actions to ensure the safety of all VF team members.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: HomabayArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Pest and disease control; Process development; Safety systems; Commercial fishing (inland, sea, other); Fish processingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply