Procurement and Finance Assistant: CPS Programme
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 2 days left to apply for this job.
The GIZ Civil Peace Service is a peace building and conflict management programme. The
post-election violence 2007/2008 constituted the engagement of the German Civil Peace Service (CPS) in Kenya. Since 2009, GIZ deploys international and national Peace Building Advisors to strengthen the capacities of non-government and governmental organizations in the field of conflict sensitivity and non-violent conflict transformation. The programme is currently supporting about 10 governmental and civil-society organisations.
The Programme concepts for transforming conflicts are dialogue processes, mental health and
psycho-social support as well as peace journalism, hate speech monitoring and the support of alternative dispute mechanisms. GIZ-CPS works with inclusive and participatory approaches. B. Responsibilities
The Procurement and Finance Assistant is responsible for supporting the Admin and Finance component in:
- Preparing accounting documents
- Procurement of goods and services
- Handling programme inventory
A. Required education
The Administrative and Finance Assistant is expected to carry out the following duties;
B. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Engage suppliers and procure items/ and services in line with GIZ - rules and regulations.
- Prepare accounting documents and verify correctness before payments are processed.
- Assist in preparing documents required for processing of Local Subsidy Contracts (LSCs) at Country Office.
- Support in reviewing budgets submitted for various activities by Partner Organizations and Programme Staff.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining project documentation and filing system.
- Support in booking of transport and accommodation etc. in relation to travel arrangements.
- Assist in preparing, updating and maintaining an inventory of all project assets.
- Support in preparing logistic and administrative stuff for holding the project workshops,
meetings, and events, …etc.
- Perform any other task as may be assigned by the Programme Administrator(s).
C. Time and Period of Assignment
- Experience carrying out similar duties (GIZ experience is an added advantage).
- 6 months – 2 yrs. Administrative and Accounting background or experience
- Good administration and interpersonal skills.
- Hard working, detailed oriented, and able to manage multi-task effectively.
- Good communication, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Good experience in using computer facilities required for developing the work as
- Outlook, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point ...etc;
The expected period of assignment is from 1st October 2020 – 31st December 2021, with a possibility of extension.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 2 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself