Fuzu Exclusive Job
Cosmos Limited - Pharmaceutical Manufacturers | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Procurement and Logistics Manager
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Transportation, logistics, driving
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Responsible for the timely and cost efficient procurement of quality raw materials and imported packaging materials as well as efficient logistics planning and coordination to ensure continuous supply of these materials in the right form.
Works in close and continuous liaison with the commercial and production teams to establish annual and periodic requirements. He/she will also manage relations with suppliers, logistics partners and customs officials to ensure goods are delivered on time and in full supply.Principal outputs for this role
i. Cost efficiency in sourcing, freight forwarding, clearance, and other stages of the logistics process.
ii. On Time In Full supply in line with agreed production/sales forecasts
iii. Ensure accurate and timely payments to all suppliers by liaising with the Accounts Manager.
iv. Effective and efficient freight(air and sea) arrangements to transport materials
v. Zero penalties and fines from regulatory authorities such as customs and Bureaus of Standards as a result of adherence to set regulations
vi. Constantly updating and maintaining a database of prequalified suppliers to meet Cosmos’ needs as and when they arise.This should include vendor rating in terms of quality of material and delivery evaluation.
vii. Annual and periodical procurement plans that are aligned to sales forecasts inplace and regularly updated
viii. Zero machine down time attributable to lack of raw or packaging materials.
1. Design and implement procurement and logistics strategy that is aligned to the overall strategy and supports delivery of Cosmos business goals.
2. In collaboration with cross functional teams, develop annual and periodic procurement plans that are aligned to sales forecasts and ensure continual availability of raw and packaging materials at optimal materials holding costs.
3. Manage/contain the cost of import logistics by thoroughly understanding the cost drivers and planning the most effective routes.
4. Negotiate with international freight forwarders and local clearing and transport agents as well as suppliers to secure effective, sustainable low cost quality imports.
5. Maintain vendor master data. Prepares contracts for delegated suppliers and execute the contract approval process.
6. Procure raw materials and packaging materials ensuring continuous availability of such materials, whilst keeping stock holding costs within budget.
7. Maintain frequent contact with suppliers to review and resolve day to day issues and to develop current insights into suppliers’ business conditions. Identify and mitigate any risks arising in the logistics process to avoid unnecessary delays and costs to the company
8. Manage performance of the suppliers andfreight forwarding service providers to achieve best in class levels on time in full deliver, whilst ensuring quality standards are met.
9. Keep abreast of import procedures and customs regulations including tariffs, import restrictions and requirements and ensure such knowledge is factored into plans and processes.
10. Track shipments at different points and update the relevant internal stakeholders accordingly.
11. Track payments to all suppliers, clearing and transport agents as well as all customs clearance payments to the Revenue Authority ensuring they are done on time.
12. Identify and implement systems and process improvements within the supply chain to enable overall business process improvement.
13. Prepare procurement reports against various performance metrics to support decision making
14. Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team,enabling them to achieve set objectives
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Transportation, logistics, drivingSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Business strategy; Logistics planning and management; Supply and demand planning; Procurement; Purchasing; ForecastingRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply