Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 7 days left to apply for this job.
WHO WE ARE:
M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of "pay-as-you-go" energy for off-grid customers.
Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 500,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage "credits" for Ksh 50, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments. This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company's proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPANET.
As of January, 2016 M-KOPA employs over 1000 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognized for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT. To ensure that the research and development of new products add value to (and do not distract from) its core business, M-KOPA is establishing the M-KOPA Labs. The Labs will be a dedicated business unit within M-KOPA that will define and test extensions of the M-KOPA asset-based credit model for off-grid-power to new products and services.
M-KOPA is looking for a procurement assistant who will accomplish their primary goal by assisting with the purchase of materials for the business.
1. Supplier due diligence and Supplier creation on AX.
· Collect all relevant documents from existing and new suppliers.
· Data entry of all collected records on the procurement share point page.
· Creating suppliers of AX and communicating this back to the requesting person
· Uploading of all details (including bank details, contacts, etc) on AX.
2. Sourcing of Requested Items.
· Getting quotations from suppliers.
· Comparison of quotations to get best price from suppliers.
· Input of data received from supplier quotations and use this in making purchase orders.
· Sending out Purchase orders to the respective suppliers.
· Getting samples and artworks approved.
· Communicating to ensure timely delivery.
3. Review and Place Purchase Orders
· Before placing an order, the Procurement Assistant carefully checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness and clarity. Procurement Assistants must verify that product information, shipping information, cost and delivery dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place an order.
4. Faulty Products Return Process.
· Sending faulty products (electronics)received from the field (DSR) to their respective repair centers.
· Follow up with the service centers to ensure timely fixing of the product returned.
· Sending fixed electronics/phones back to the field DSRs.
5. Attendance of Monthly Stock Counts
· Attended the stock count as a representative of the procurement team.
· Assist in physical count of promotional and marketing materials.INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS: