Procurement Officer- Kiryandongo District Local Government
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 10 days left to apply for this job.
Reference Number: KDSC/PPDU/156/12
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacancies existing within Kiryandongo District Local Government and her respective Town Councils.
Application form PSC Form 3 (2008) revised is obtainable from Public Service Commission-Kampala and District Service Commissions Countrywide or can be downloaded from www.psc.co.ugwebsite.
Job application procedure
Filled application forms (Triplicate) must be accompanied by 3 most recent passport size photographs plus certified copies of relevant academic certificates, transcripts, pass slips and National Identity should reach the Secretary District Service Commission P.O. BOX 137, Kigumba not later than 14th April 2020. Serving officers should route their applications through the Chief Administrative Officer who should be advised on the closing date to avoid delays.
• All applications should bear the Vacancy Reference Number (REF No.) and Post Title of each area of their interest
• Details of job descriptions and person specification can be accessed at the notice board of Kiryandongo District Hqtrs or the secretariat of any District Service Commission
• Anyone who does not hear from us at the end of this recruitment exercise should consider him/herself Unsuccessful
• Females are highly encouraged to apply
To coordinate, monitor and provide technical support in the implementation of procurement and disposal of assets function for an Entity to ensure value for money.
• EITHER an Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Supply chain Management from a recognized awarding Institution.
• OR A bachelor’s Degree in a Non-supply chain management discipline, plus a post-graduate Diploma in Public Procurement Management from a recognized awarding institution.
• OR full Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) plus a post-graduate Diploma in Procurement Management from a recognized awarding Institution;
To coordinate, monitor and assess implementation of procurement and disposal of assets policies, plans and guidelines, and make appropriate recommendations:
To develop appropriate internal procurement and disposal of Public assets controls and procedure consistent with the legal and regulatory framework;
To process and maintain data on Contracts Committees;
To prepare bids for high value and specialized procurements and disposals, and participate in evaluation process;
To prepare, administer and issue approved contracts;
To liaise with suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services;
To follow up with user departments to provide information required for the procurement plans;
To prepare Statement of Requirements (Bill of Quantities);
To prepare contract performance status reports;
To monitor, inspect and establish progress on contract implementation;
To design and coordinate training activity plans for the Procurement Unit;
To supervise, mentor, coach and evaluate performance of subordinate staff; and
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)