Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 1 days left to apply for this job.
The Procurement Specialist supervises and leads the support and professional staff of the Procurement Unit. The Procurement Specialist works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Operations, Programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deli
Required Skills and Experience
Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
5 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web-based management systems
Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable ver procurement services
1) Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit, harmonization of the workflows in the office;
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment;
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
2) Ensures efficient management of procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects, UN House and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and proper preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects, establishment of the deadlines and monitoring of their implementation;
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB, RFP and IC, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation;
- Certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performance of the functions of Buyer in Atlas;
- Elaboration and implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Management of the implementation of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement;
- Supervision of preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Establishment and implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction and management of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
3) Ensures elaboration, introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanism;.
- Management of the e-procurement system
4) Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of training for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement;
- Organization of trainings for Govt. staff on Procurement as required;
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Procurement;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)