Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
M-KOPA Labs is a research and development business unit within M-KOPA that is responsible for testing and developing innovative products that will meet customer’s future needs, and market conditions.
The Product Manager is responsible for product planning, delivery and marketing throughout the product development lifecycle. The successful candidates will develop a vision and roadmap for the product based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and their own industry insight.
They will work closely with Development/Engineering and other teams to deliver products that align with this vision, meet market needs and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard. In addition, they will develop a forecast for the product based on input from marketing, sales, market analysts and their own experience and manage its delivery.
The product managers will identify the key benefits and value of products. This will be used to create and maintain marketing plans and collateral (including web updates, product training materials and sales training).
M-KOPA has an established product development process with stage-gate steps to move products through stages in the process. However, this process is under review to include enhancements throughout the process, including further defining the specific roles of individuals in relation to product management.
Working closely with the Director of Labs, the Chief Product Officer, and the Chief Operations Officer, the Product Manager will be responsible for:
- Defining the product strategy for key products emerging from Labs.
- Managing the product throughout its life-cycle from concept to market introduction.
- Collecting, managing and maintaining trace-ability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases.
- Writing the business case for investments and gaining internal approval.
- Proposing a product marketing plan and budget and then delivering against it.
- Writing Product Requirements and Market Requirements documents.
- Working with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships.
- Being the recognized expert in the business on your product, the market, relevant technology and the competition.
- Developing core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Performing product demos to customers and develop relationships in key clients (B2B).
- Leading the virtual product team to ensure delivery of agreed objectives.
- Setting the product pricing.
- Monitoring, reporting and improving product performance.
- Briefing analysts and the press.
- Running alpha and beta testing programs, developing and delivering go to market launch plans.
- Channel management and support.
- Commissioning market and competitor research.
- Promoting the product to sales teams through sales training sessions, update briefings, newsletters and other mechanisms.
- Developing and deliver training to technical sales support.
- Managing development and marketing projects to deliver to plan.
- Collating feedback from sales and customers.
- Representing the voice of the customer in senior level management meetings.
- Evangelizing the product internally and externally.
- Being recognized as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders.
- Delivering a regular (e.g. monthly) volume, revenue and profit forecasts.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, product development or a related field. (A Master’s degree is desirable)
- 5-10 years’ experience in hardware product management
- Demonstrated success in defining, launching and managing products
- Thorough knowledge of technology relating to the M-KOPA product suite
- Demonstrated track record in developing product strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to deliver to strict time-frames
- A strong understanding of the different approaches to project and product management including waterfall and Agile.
- A strong understanding of the design approaches to product conceptualization including Human Centered Design.
- Strong leadership, coaching, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Good computer skills with strong experience using Microsoft Office suite,
- Experience of using product road mapping tools (such as AHA), software backlog management tools (such as VSTS), and software suites (specifically Auto-desk software tools) to manage the end-to-end stages of product development.
- A fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Passionate about product innovation and management and the market
- A strong commercial and customer focus
- Good attention to detail
- Strong negotiating skills
- Able to network and develop key relationships at all levels
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to motivate and drive cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Able to travel 25% of the time (if required)
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Business to Business (B2B) sales; Process development; Business strategy; Agile and Lean methodologies; Operative planning; Programme management; Product development; Project implementation; Innovation processesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)