Product Manager - Supply Chain, Warehouse & Logistics
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Permanent
You have 11 days left to apply for this job.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small shops to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, and Rwanda use Sokowatch's mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Product Manager - Supply Chain, Warehouse & Logistics
Seeking a data-driven professional with 3+ years of experience managing supply chain life cycles with the heavy use of tools and algorithms to maximize Sokowatch’s investments into supply chain activities by supporting the improvement of the current Supplier, Warehouse and Logistics teams’ processes.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of experience working with supply chain, warehousing, logistics and/or field force for multi-location teams
- Experience with automation tools like Excel/VBA/Zapier or programming languages to achieve the same
- General manager/owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to take ownership and influence others.
- Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions.
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to command the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders, especially within Sales, Operations and Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management, product strategies, product requirements and roadmap planning, and product requirements decision making.
- Exceptional communication skills which include clear written and verbal communication as well as the ability to listen effectively.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with an emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- Demonstrable capability to negotiate requirements and decisions effectively across a diverse range of teams and to lead through influence.
- Ability to create, formalize, and implement, a product portfolio strategy.
- Ability to influence cross-culturally across a range of global stakeholders in the engineering, operations, and marketing organizations.
- Proven ability to execute in all phases of the product development life cycle, resulting in high-quality software or IoT hardware products, delivered on time.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner, seeking out areas that need attention, rather than being asked to look at specific problem areas.
- Outstanding technical problem-solving skills and a passion to solve hard problems.
- Strong program management skillset with the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Create and own the product roadmap planning processes for Sokowatch Supply Chain (Supply, Warehouse & Logistics)
- Formulate and execute a rolling product roadmap in support of portfolio plans. Identify, marshal and organize resources to meet required goals.
- Lead new product introduction efforts within specific goals for team leadership, supply chain design, schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time goals.
- Engage with external manufacturing partners to create, implement and maintain product change management processes.
- Manage matrices of team members from across all functions to develop new product plans and sustaining change management processes. Typical functions include Planning, technical project management, Supply Chain, Finance, Reporting etc.
- Represent Supply Chain product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for Supply Chain.
- Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives. Synthesize a multitude of issues into a clear, concise and focused message. Present with confidence and brevity.
- Always push the leading edge of innovation and excellence and program management practices.
- Responsible for transition planning and regional marketing alignment regarding the sale of new products and the life cycle of product receipt and dispatch cycle
- Stay abreast of latest advancements in technology, competition, industry developments, and regulatory environment.
- Support regional sales and marketing teams with associated product launches, transitions plans, customer engagements, and industry events.
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: native | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself