Fuzu Exclusive Job
Apex Steel | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Manufacturing, operations, quality
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Apex means 'The Top; 'The Pinnacle' Getting to be No.1 is relatively easy. What takes courage, grit, perseverance and skill is the ability to stay at 'the Top'. At Apex Steel, we endeavour to exceed customer expectations by offering sustainable solutions to the Building Construction and Engineering Industry. Apex Steel is now synonymous with quality and reliability, and have become East Africa's No. 1 choice of Deformed Bars. This vaulted position was earned through a series of ground breaking innovations. deliver against our promises.
Main Purpose of the Job
• To produce products on Time, In Full and Error Free, consistent with intended Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale expectations.
• Continuous Improvement.
• Asset care and Improvement. Key Deliverables or this position
1. Waste reduction.
2. Nil stock outs from poor production planning and scheduling
3. OEE, Measurement and Productivity improvement.
4. Develop capacity of the production team towards a flexible operation.
5. Improve communication and accountability within the supply chain.
6. Continuous improvement through operational excellence.
• Planning, coordinating and execution of the production objectives and schedules to ensure that production, pull planning and customer requirement targets are achieved.
• Continuous improvement using manufacturing excellence systems – Kaizen, TPM, ISO 22000:2005 etc.
• Develop and cascade the manufacturing KPIs and monitor the same on the Performance Management Tools.
• Formulate and execute a sustainable production strategy, policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety (OSH) and Morale.
• Develop and control the direct labour, direct materials and overheads budget
• Process and People capability development while creating effective work environments
• Manage third party contracts for manufacturing and the manufacturing service delivery.
• Optimization, care and improvement of the asset base while delivering an On Time, In Full and Error free operation.
• Measurement and the resultant correction or corrective action activities.
• Any other leadership assignment relevant to the production unit.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Manufacturing, operations, qualitySeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Operative planning; Quality management; Supplier evaluation and management; Quality control and supervision; Stock and inventory managementRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply