To provide professional leadership in the development and implementation of the University academic programmes and learners in his/her specialized discipline
o PhD degree in Physics or Science Education (Physics) from a recognized Institution.
o Master of Science degree in Physics or Master of Education degree (Physics Education) from a recognized Institution.
o Bachelor of Science degree in Physics or Bachelor of Science degree in Education (Physical) from a recognized Institution.
o Ten (10) years of teaching experience from recognized university.
o Twenty (20) recognized publications at least five (5) publications made within three (3) years preceding the time of application for this position.
o Supervision of five Post Graduate students to completion. At least 2(two) Post Graduate students to completion since last promotion.
o Evidence of attraction of grants is an added advantage.
o Evidence of community engagement
1. Qualifying persons should submit five (5) copies of their application letters duly signed together with certified photocopies of their transcripts, certificates, five (5) recent passport photographs and latest copy of their curriculum vitae giving full details of the applicants’ education, work experience and naming three referees with their postal addresses and day time phone contact. The application should be put in a big (A4) sealed envelope and the job applied for indicated on the envelope. Applicants must make sure that at least two referees have forwarded recommendation letters concerning their application to the University Secretary before the closing date of this advertisement.
2. Applicants for the vacancy of Teaching Assistants in Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery should indicate the relevant experience and area of interest on the application letter.
3. Applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the University Secretary and addressed to:
The University Secretary,
Lira University, P.O. Box 1035, Lira.
4. Applicants can also apply on-line by sending scanned application letter, curriculum vitae and relevant documents to [email protected]
6. The deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2020.
7. Lira University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
8. Applicants should show demonstrable qualities of leadership and integrity.
9. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
10. Due diligence by the university will form part of the selection criteria.
11. Any form of solicitation or lobbying will lead to automatic cancellation of Application.
o Reviews, develops and implements new methods of instructions to reflect changes in the curriculum.
o Instructs and evaluates the performance of learners/students in the specific area of specialization.
o Conducts academic research and publishes research findings which contribute to the University research profile.
o Develops and presents Academic research proposals for funding.
o Provides technical backup support to other academic staff in the area of specialization.
o Participates in the University curriculum review and development in his/her area of specialization.
o Coordinates the development of Manuals and kits for the conduct, supervision and evaluation of practical assignments to students.
o Supervises and evaluates the performance of post graduate students’ academic research.
o Delivers public lectures in academic conferences, seminars and workshops.
o Participates in Senate/Council and their Committees’ meetings.
o Attends/ chairs the Faculty Board Committee Meetings.
o Represents the University/Faculty at National and International fora.
o Any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor.
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application: