Job verified by Fuzu
Help A Child | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the entire GICEP coordination at Gwassi level and supervision of the SMEs integrated in HACA programs. The Program Coordinator will provide the requisite HACA representation at Gwassi level in addition to the day to day coordination of the partnership. S/he will also be responsible for the convening of the quarterly Multi Stakeholder Platform and the Gwassi level Program Steering Committee.
Improved Program Management and Coordination
• Provide technical and management oversight in needs identification, design, implementation of programs while ensuring that program objectives are successfully achieved contributing to government plans and priorities.
• Develop and oversee the implementation of annual program plans and budgets in close cooperation with targeted SME’s.
• Provide administrative and financial oversight to HACA driver/Assistant and SME’s.
• Prepare quality and timely project progress reports as per HACA and donor requirements.
• Provide day to day program coordination for the GICEP program at Gwassi level.
Improved technical support to SME’s and Farmers
• Improve/develop the capacity of GICEP partners/farmers’ associations to identify sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and understand and implement a demand-driven, commercialization approach to rural development based on access to markets.
• Identify and assist in coordinating relevant workshops in agricultural marketing issues for partner staff and project beneficiaries.
• Develop or facilitate training modules for partners related to the key decision making tools for market analysis and program intervention design, including:
• Value chain analysis
• Participatory needs assessment
• Participatory action planning
• Sub-sector analysis
• Social Impact modelling
• Provide technical capacity to SMEs to improve their understanding of business-related concepts such as: factors of production; costs of production; quality control/market standards; opportunity cost; gross margin and profit analysis; return on investment; credit/budgeting; and risk.
• Assist with the preparation of training materials, guide and manuals.
• Provide support and guidance to the Senior Program Manager to develop, oversee and review project strategy and activities related to the implementation of the program according to the program business cases.
• Assist the Senior Program Manager to develop appropriate criteria and a suitable delivery mechanism for the facilitation of adequate investment and training in farm and non-farm enterprises.
Enhanced Evidence Based Programming
• Provide technical assistance for the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy.
• Responsible for Program Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (PMEL) system to measure profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted SMEs and households. Subsequently oversee program’s PMEL system in liaison with the PMEL Officer, ensuring the provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes.
• Provide technical support in the establishment of a marketing database to keep farmers, their organizations and SMEs informed of the prevailing market prices of various agro-industrial products and commodities that GICEP focuses on.
• Provide targeted technical assistance to projects through field visits and other methods to foster continuous improvement in quality, programmatic and financial performance.
• Engage in lobby and advocacy initiatives to inform practice and influence policy.
Strengthened Partnership & Collaboration Linkages with key Stakeholders at Gwassi & County Levels
• Determine and assess the need to join appropriate networks of project-related experts and influential groups.
• Identify, develop and recommend programs for potential partnerships. This includes attending learning workshops, organizing joint field visits with other parties and participating in professional events.
• Assist the Senior Program Manager to establish linkages with private sector service providers and buyers for accessing new farm and non-farm enterprise opportunities and in the negotiation of market contracts and MOUs with selected private sector partners.
• Assist in the facilitation of linkages with local agencies for accessing new non-farm enterprises opportunities in the farmer aggregation space.
• Responsible for the Multi Stakeholder Platform/Program Steering Team at Gwassi level to strengthen linkages between civil society organizations, government representatives and the private sector. Maintain working relations with relevant government line ministries and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of new products and/or approaches in agriculture development and marketing.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Capacity planning; Programme management; Project implementation; Agriculture and natural resourcesRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply