Fuzu Exclusive Job
MercyCorps | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Program Management Specialist - Peace Building.
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Program Management Specialist - Peace Building.Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Principal Coordination Officer
Associate Programme Management Officer
Project Assistant -Shelter (Social) Kyangwali (for Ugandan Nationals)
Norwegian Refugee Council
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Uganda
The program management specialist will technically lead the PEACE III project and its local partners in program cycle management, ensure that activities are implemented on schedule and meet the desired outcome. S/he will lead in fast tracking implementation, documenting program adaptions for further learning and development and design innovative sustainability approaches. The Program Specialist will keep program team informed of conflict and political dynamics across the country and Program Director on management on appropriate strategic positioning. S/he will regularly represent Mercy corps at coordination meetings and play a role in donor outreach. The Program Management Specialists will report to the PEACE III Program Director. S/he will work in liaison with Mercy Corps’ PEACE III staff in Moroto Office in Uganda, Kapenguria and Lodwar in Kenya.
• Coordinate and collaborate with partners and stakeholders to link and harmonize approaches and to promote common interests and achievement of results of PEACE III.
• Lead the efforts of ensuring sustainability of the project
• Lead the implementation of Institutional Development Plans (ISPs) for PEACE III Partners
• Oversee speedy implementation of annual work plan in consultations with partners and Program Director
• Coordinate and share information with the Program Director to ensure overall program targets and donor obligations are being achieved.
• Visit project sites regularly to provide appropriate technical assistance, monitor and oversee activities;
• Support the Program officers to implement program activities, monitor and evaluate program activities and impact on an ongoing basis.
• Participate in peace and conflict-related coordination meetings and professionally represent Mercy Corps in these meetings;
• Support the development of partnerships with national and international NGOs, CBOs and other agencies involved in Conflict Management initiatives and other Mercy Corps activities.
• Support and facilitate PEACE III team development, encouraging active participation of team members and supporting positive relationships between members.
• Oversee the development of program and staff work plans, and ensure regular one-to-one sessions and performance reviews to review progress and resolve any concerns or issues;
• Maintain close cooperation with the Finance and Administration departments and other staff to ensure that the program is in full compliance with all the established operational, administrative and financial procedures;
• Keep in communication and working relationship with the PEACE III Lodwar team to ensure proper cross border communication and coordination;
• Prepare program reports and submit to the Program Director and other staff to capture program impact;
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
• Other duties as assigned.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Stakeholder communication; Performance monitoring and evaluation; Project preparation and planning; Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)