Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 10 days left to apply for this job.
Design Hub Kampala (DHK) is a trading name for Mango Tree Property Management Ltd. DHK is a coworking and event space where creative companies and professionals from various disciplines meet, work and network. The space brings together different people and entrepreneurs whilst having the possibility of sharing, engaging and creating together. An accelerator program named Business Lab Uganda (BLU) has been set-up, fitting very well in the goals and ambitions of DHK.
BLU is an accelerator program for existing Ugandan agribusinesses in which committed buyers, experts and investors are involved in the selection and support of candidates. The BLU support system is highly practical and focuses on preparing the candidates for a successful business deal in a sustainable manner. The goal is to grow enterprises and connect them to local, regional and international buyers and investors. BLU is powered by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, hosted and initiated by DHK.
The Program Manager is responsible for the day to day management and development of the BLU accelerator program. This is a program that is running for the first time, so a self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit is needed. The Program Manager will be tasked with developing this program to support BLU’s goals and outcomes and stakeholder management. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in program and/or project management. A Master's degree is required.
The ideal candidate will have a sharp business mind and a proven ability to organize, strategize and implement high-level program initiatives. As a natural leader, you will have a strong talent for project coordination, organization and delegation. You have the ability to adapt quickly and enjoy an iterative/agile way of working. Ultimately, you are motivated by the desire to make BLU a success and nurture this success from inception to evaluation and completion.
The assignment will be for a year, including a probation period, starting as soon as possible.
Skills and Qualifications
- Work closely with program lead, national and international private sector organizations and administrative offices. Assess their needs and manage expectations.
- Plan and organize meetings, activities and support tracks in the program.
- Plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing.
- Identify key requirements needed from different businesses in different agricultural value chains such as buyers and entrepreneurs who play a crucial role in this program.
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks.
- Day to day organization and management of all kinds of activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the program.
- Support the management & evaluation method for donors and stakeholders to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage a team with a diverse array of expertise, talents and responsibilities.
- Ensure goals are met in areas including participants satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Organize meetings with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding program issues and decisions on support tracks.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle in accordance with the finance team. Report to the program lead on a daily basis.
- Support in content development for digital marketing and communication channels.
- Master’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Experience in a management role (preference given to those with program management experience and experience with accelerator programs).
- Good time management, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and content.
- An eye for market opportunities and business development.
- Working knowledge and experience in an adaptive working environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the Google apps Calendar, Drive & Gmail.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- A very flexible approach and adaptive way of working and thinking.
- Strong analytical skills with a good working knowledge of MS Office Suite particularly Excel
- A serious interest in and understanding of agribusiness and different value chains and organizational development.
Besides your skills and the requirements we also would like you to be able to make mistakes and ask any question, because that is the way to learn. BLU is all about learning from failures, piloting, development and becoming better together. If your aim is to develop new skills, gain knowledge and making mistakes by doing so, you are welcome to join us!
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Please have a scan or photo of these documents ready when you start the application:Self-prepared CV file
- the employer wants to see a CV that you have prepared yourself
10 days left to apply