Job verified by Fuzu
International Committee of the Red Cross | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Program Manager for Electricity SAfety Program (ESAP) of ICRC premises worldwide
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
The ICRC Electricity SAfety Program (ESAP) envisions the rehabilitation of electrical installations in all ICRC premises worldwide up to ICRC safety requirements. The ESAP follows the ICRC construction protocol methodology and is implemented in 4 steps from Phase 0 (feasibility study & design) through Phase 1 & 2 (implementation) until Phase 3 (handover to the Administration department). The ESAP Program Manager is in charge of the Coordination of the ESAP program. S/he is part of the Support & Coordination pole of the ESAP human resources setup deployed in the field.
• S/he develops technical and institutional guidance as well as policies related to the ESAP and its management.
• The position calls for the provision of technical and institutional support for the evaluation, planning, budgeting, monitoring and implementation of the ESAP Projects in Delegations.
• S/he is the hierarchical supervisor (functional as well as technical) of the ESAP project managers.
• In addition s/he liaises and co-operates closely with her/his counterparts within ICRC Departments, Divisions and particularly with the electrical expert from the HQ. S/he is the focal point for all ESAP communication and reporting at the institutional level.
• Develops the necessary project management documentation & templates for the use of the ESAP Project managers
• Updates and further develop the ESAP technical framework and related documentation. In particular in relation with lightning protection and for the Americas.
• Develops the information management guidelines related to the implementation of ESAP projects. In particular, define the guidelines regarding data collection and recording of all ESAP projects.
• Collaborates with the GIS services for the creation of a web based program monitoring & reporting interface
• Feeds the collected data into the budget model of ESAP in order to improve the accuracy of the ESAP budget estimate
• Review the prioritization of interventions, and planning of projects and anticipates the need for deployment of the ESAP project managers ; coordinates with the Wathab HR Manager in HQ and the concerned delegations
• Conducts regular visits to the Delegations
• Consolidates the ESAP financial situation as well as the program implementation progress and highlights; updates and provide regular reporting on the Program to the Directorate.
• Anticipates and requests to the delegations the preparation of the procurement orders for the pre-positioning of the necessary tools and assessment equipment prior to the start of a new ESAP Project in a new delegation.
• Monitors the performance of the ESAP “fast track” of the logistic services centralised at HQ and propose adaptations if necessary.
• Develop an item code definition strategy for ESAP electrical items in close collaboration with the logistic services at HQ.
• Develop a training strategy and training material for the successful implementation of the Phase 3 i.e. the handover of the O&M of the program to the Administration department
• Updates the Job Descriptions of the ESAP HR positions after the completion of Phase 0, then as required
• Assess the relevance and propose a Corporate Support Network (CSN) structure for the Operation & Maintenance phase of ESAP
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 10 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Document and archive management; Policy drafting and development; Programme management; Training delivery; Training program planning; Project implementationRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply