Fuzu Exclusive Job
ziziAfrique | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
Click to apply
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Manager (team leader)
- Full Time
Starting August 2017, ziziAfrique is implementing the Ujana 360 program. The program is managing grants for a partner in building capabilities (whole youth development) for work and life, targeting youth aged 15 to 25 years. The program targets to reach 1 million youth facing adversity by 2027, through both systemic and social change. In this first phase (2017-2019), Ujana 360 is consolidating evidence on what works in ensuring holistic development of youth for increased employability and improved life outcomes, supporting the development of competency-based curricula in TVET and developing and trialling TVET-approaches. The geographical target is Kenya, while building connections to other actors in Africa and globally.
ziziAfrique is looking for an agile, brilliant and experienced person to join the team of 4 as the Ujana Program Manager. The manager will report to the Director of Youth and Talent and supervise 2-5 colleagues.
The person will lead the aspects of :
1) Advocacy (build connections to and nurture relationship with in the Ministry of Education, TVETA, CDACC, civil society partners and academia in TVET;
2) Communication (to policy and public audiences);
3) Development of holistic youth development approaches; and
4) Monitoring, learning and evaluation. S/he will deputize the Director in all matters to deliver the project outputs. S/he will supervise the Program Officers, and act as budget holder for all program budgets.
1. Lead Ujana 360’s program advocacy work, through direct linkage to various strategic partners in government and industry. The manager will leverage on the Values and Life Skills (VaLi) working group to achieve this.
2. Work with selected TVET practitioners to understand and develop approaches for holistic development of youth. Coordinate a team of 12 vocational training centres (private and public) to contextualize holistic development, lead a collaborative initiative to develop approaches for such training (including pedagogy and assessment), and pilot this over a period of 2 years, to determine and demonstrate what works;
3. Utilize traditional and social media, and other channels to communicate to policy and policy audiences on the program and the holistic development of youth. Lead implementation of the Ujana 360 communications strategy, including monitoring and reporting on communications.
4. Manage the Program’s monitoring, learning and evaluation initiatives. Implement the MLE strategy and meet all reporting requirements to the various program stakeholders, including program partners.
5. Support the Director in other delegated aspects of the program.
6. Contribute to an overall culture of knowledge and learning within ziziAfrique, participating actively to the building of a competitive foundation.
1. At least seven (7) years’ experience in program development and management in the education sector. Demonstrated experience in writing, budgeting and reporting;
2. Outstanding understanding of the youth landscape in Kenya (and Africa by extension). Demonstrated knowledge on TVET in Kenya; well-versed with the policy and practice landscapes in TVET;
3. Proven connection to the Youth/skills actors. S/he must already be in touch with the TVET sector, either having been involved in studying it, or playing any other key role in this sector;
4. Passionate about youth participation and transformation. The person must demonstrate passion, and convince on the importance of youth engagement. They must have a story to tell about their contribution to this space, at personal or institutional level;
5. Creative energy. The person needs to be a creative thinker, one who is able to think disruptively on the possibilities for action. The person must inspire new thinking, and present a posture of listening and learning;
6. Exemplary communicator. S/he must be a good oral communicator, one who is able to express themselves and pass the point forward. Must have written something, for any audience, and practically demonstrate good writing skills;
7. Knowledge of monitoring and Learning theory and practice. Must have participated and grown skills in monitoring and learning. They must have concrete ideas on how to monitor, document, report and promote learning;
8. Advanced University qualification in an area related to Ujana 360.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: PermanentJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Manager (team leader)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 7 yearsRequired skills
: Project management; Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Research and development; Developing curriculum and teaching guidelines; Educational policy; Educational quality control and assurance; Project implementation; Research planning; Research publication; Data analysisRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply