Job verified by Fuzu
Save the Children (Uganda) | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Program Officer Accelerated Learning Programme
Click to apply
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Experienced (senior worker)
- Full Time
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation.We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children's lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
- The Senior Officer - ALP will ensure youth with low literacy, numeracy and life skills enrol for and complete literacy, numeracy and life skills classes offered to youth in VSLAs and those undertaking vocational skills training in the 6 underserved sub-counties in Amuru, Nwoya and Gulu Districts.
- S/he will be responsible for training literacy and numeracy instructors, establishing literacy and numeracy centres and establish linkages with District Education/community development offices for technical support, monitoring and supervision of the literacy and numeracy interventions in the project area as well as technically backstopping the literacy and numeracy component of the project.
- S/he will promote access to youth centred Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) to deprived youth.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Experienced (senior worker)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Training delivery; Mentoring and coaching; Project implementation; Research planningRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
Click to apply