Job verified by Fuzu
Save the Children (Uganda) | Uganda | Log in or register to see the closing date
Program Officer (Enterprise Development)
- Post-graduate education
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child rights organisation, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our people are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organisation dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children both in their private and professional lives.
In Uganda, we implement programmes in five thematic programme areas of Child Protection, Child Rights Governance, Education, Child Poverty, Health and Nutrition in Development and Emergency contexts. Save the Children delivers programs in over 36 districts in the North, Rwenzori, North-Eastern, West Nile and Central regions of Uganda. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
- The Program Officer, Enterprise Development will be responsible for the development of training materials suitable for refugees starting micro-enterprises. Trainings will stimulate innovative business ideas with high social impacts, providing training on long term business planning, basic accounting and record keeping as well as training on savings and loans groups operation.
- The Program Officer will also work with the project team to identify and implement appropriate Cash for Work (CfW) interventions, in a safe and environmentally appropriate manner.
- The post holder will also monitor both CfW implementation as well as micro-business start-up, participating in selection of business plans, based on environmental and other risk factors.
- The Officer will provide health and safety training, plus project specific trainings relevant to risk management and environmental impacts during the implementation of a CfW component.
- The Programme Officer will lead the provision of micro-enterprise trainings as well as ongoing follow up of micro-enterprise start-ups, to provide mentoring, coaching and support as needed.
General Informationtranslation missing: en.pages.job_page.salary_range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: UgandaArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Post-graduate educationRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Project monitoring and evaluation (M&E); Reporting; Programme management; Training program planning; Project implementation; Economics and businessRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)