Job verified by Fuzu
World Health Organization | Nairobi, Kenya | Log in or register to see the closing date
- Bachelor's degree
- Project, program management
- Expert (non-managerial)
- Full Time
Oh dear! This job has already closed. But don't worry, you can find other similar jobs from Fuzu.
Jobs similar to Programme AssistantSenior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Inputs
Senior Technical Advisor, Resilience
Senior Technical Advisor, Regional Policy Environment
Senior Technical Advisor, Agricultural Trade and Value Chains
Jobs in Project, program managementMid-Level jobsJobs located in Nairobi
Under the supervision of the Administration Management Officer, the Programme Assistant will provide the following support to Managers and staff members
1.Administration of staff including orientations on rules and regulations;
2. Receive and brief new staff members and provide guidance on specific administrative matters:
- Organize and participate to meetings on day-to-day administrative issues;
- Participate to exchanges related to WHO revised practices and procedures;
3. Assist in planning budget and HR plan for the hub.
4.Assists international staff with importation, purchasing and registration of their private vehicles and personal effects and initiate arrangements with local custom in collocation with the Operation Officer in the Country office;
5. Follow-up leave and absence for staff members within the hub.
Procurement and inventories management
1. Assistant in Procurement forecasting;
- Assist the hub in preparing their procurement forecasts;
- Based on the procurement forecast plan, the Assistant provides support in executing related procurement activities and may be asked to participate with or in place of the supervisor at meetings with suppliers or programme units.
2. Raise or revise request for procurement of goods and services,
- This includes initiation of non-staff contracts (Consultant and SSA) as per requests from programmes;
- Ensures the selected suppliers/contractors list is sent for creating supplier creation. Proposes, or assists the hub in proposing, justification for the acceptance of offers which are not the most economic. In case of external service requisitions, the Operations Assistant supports the Manager in evaluating the service request based on WHO policies.
3. Acknowledge receipt of goods and services in GSM;
4. Keep/update records of all inventorable items for the WCO;
5. Manage allocation of office space and equipment to staff members in collaboration with the Administrative Services Team.
Travels and meetings management
1. Raise and manage meeting plans in GSM;
2. Raise and manage Travel Requests for meetings and official missions;
3. Ensure compliance with the Travel Policy;
4. Manage administrative arrangements for all WCO meetings and official missions and travel plans;
5. Track the implementation of missions' recommendations;
6. Assist in the production of reports, statistics, and/or information material when required;
7. The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar or different positions within the hub.
General InformationSalary range
: Not specifiedAdditional information
: Not specifiedContract type
: TemporaryJob type
: Full TimeLocation
: NairobiArea of work
: Project, program managementSeniority
: Expert (non-managerial)
Job RequirementsRequired education
: Bachelor's degreeRequired relevant work experience
: 5 yearsRequired skills
: Budgeting, financial planning; People management; Logistics planning and management; Programme management; Procurement; Stock and inventory management; Meeting management; Travel planning and reservations (leisure, business)Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)