- Understand basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes, with a focus on livelihood programming, linkages to markets and/or capacity strengthening of government institutions;
- Assist counties in preparing technical project proposals and budgets;
- Ensure timely deliveries of food, tools and other inputs to the intended recipients;
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, food security analysis, market linkages, crop/animal production, emergency preparedness and response, etc.).
- Has contributed to implementation of programmes in arid and semi-arid lands of Kenya.
- Has assisted with policy discussions
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area agriculture economics, agribusiness development, range management, Environmental science, Land and Water Management, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance. Possession of a University Degree in development or livelihoods related will be an added advantage.
Swahili (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent),