Programme functional areas
Salary range: Confidential | Contract type: Fixed term
You have 52 days left to apply for this job.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. It is constantly seeking talented, compassionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to crises with the right skills. Given the nature of UNHCR's work, it is essential that its workforce has the right mix of skills and qualities to fulfil its mandate.
The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is in need of talents for their most common or sought-after job profiles at various levels, who can be deployed at short notice to a vacancy that best matches their skills.
Candidates should only apply to the Group II Talent Pool if they do meet the requirements including skill, knowledge and experience of the profile. UNHCR will use the Group II Talent Pool for the purpose of receiving applications from candidates who have expertise that are required for the functional areas. Please note you will only be contacted if there is a requirement for your expertise. These opportunities are at General Services levels (G1 – G7), in key functional areas at country, sub and field offices.
Cleared candidates will be kept in the pool for 3 years.
- Assist in negotiating agreements with implementing partners and ensure that IP agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR’s financial rules and the latest Headquarters’ instructions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
: High, secondary schoolRequired relevant work experience
: 3 yearsRequired languages:
English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)